Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Fire Island Lighthouse

Fire Island Lighthouse
Fire Island is a smaller island connected to the south shore of Long Island. I have been there a couple of times already but so far I have not been able to get there before 3pm so that I can get into the top of the lighthouse. I have not been able to make it even before 4pm so that I can make it to the museum that is located in the building besides the lighthouse. Still there are some nice afternoon views and you can more than often get to spot deer. At least to some of my friends this seems to have become  the place for when you are getting bored at home and feel like driving.

Interesting fact is that Fire Island is one of the islands that are part of the Long Island and New York City barrier islands. Another of these islands being Coney Island for which I also dedicated a blog post some time back "The New York Aquarium and Coney Island". I will update this entry once I get to enter the lighthouse and the museum (and this might not happen for quite a while), for now I just wanted to share the picture I took with my fancy smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment